St. John's Food Pantry - Every Monday 10:30am-11:30am
One Body Mobilized to Reach the world for Christ.
1. Devoted to Spiritual Integrity
2. Dedicated to culture of Prayer.
3. Committed to Excellence.
4. Love is the driving force in all we do.
We exist To Love God, Love People, Reach People and Teach People to impact the world with the gospel.
Dr. Leon Williams
Dr. Leon Williams was born June 12, 1956 and received his early education in Immokalee, FL. Immediately after high school, Leon attended Bethune-Cookman University in Daytona Beach, FL graduating with a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting. Since that time God has blessed him with a lovely wife, Laura Williams and three children, Tikini, Labrente and Adasia. On December 20, 1987 he accepted Christ and became a member of Allen Chapel AME Church in Immokalee and he later moved his membership to Unity Faith Missionary Baptist Church in 1998. In June of 1990 he was licensed as a Baptist preacher. In 1993 he was ordained and installed as Pastor of Unity Faith Missionary Baptist Church in Naples where he served for 20 years. During his tenure he received a Masters of Theology, Masters of Pastoral Arts, Masters of Divinity in Professional Studies and a Doctorate of Theology from Florida Baptist College and Seminary and he is currently a student in the Doctoral program at Liberty University. Dr. Williams has a great love for the Lord and that love and obedience brought him to St. John First Missionary Baptist Church, Inc. on July 1, 2013 where he serves as Senior Pastor.
Saint John Missionary Baptist Church had its beginning the third Sunday in March 1898. The founders were the late Rev. C.J. Smith and Rev. Bostrick, a white minister. At that time, Rev. Smith was the president of the Progressive Baptist State Convention.
The house in which the organization of St. John took place was donated by an old white gentleman known to all as Captain Towels. Some of the first members that met in the donated house were:
Brother Welcome Baker, Sister Cydia Baker, Brother Sam Hall, Sister Doreas Hall, Brother James Robinson, Sister Mary Kelsey, Brother Pink White MORE
The church unveiled our new website.
Renovation of sanctuary including bathrooms.
Purchased the property located at 2929 Price St.
First Deacon Emeritus was appointed.
The church witnessed its second mortgage burning, in paying off the Educational Bldg.
An Educational Building was added to the church.
The first time in our church history, women were voted as members of the Board of Directors.
St. John First Missionary Baptist Church became incorporated.
We paid off the mortgage on the Parsonage.
We burned the Mortgage of the Annex.
We bought a Parsonage at 3002 Second Street.
Fort Myers and used for our Outreach Ministry.
A red and white bus was our first mode of transportation to pick up children all over
The building of the church structure continued in 1965 when the back part of the church was added. In 1968, the Annex (now known as the Fellowship Hall) was built.
Under the pastorate of Rev. R.C. Lewter, a sixteen-foot extension was added to both sides of the church to make the building larger.
2044 Brown St. Fort Myers, FL 33916
Worship With Us!
Become a Member
God Bless You All!
St. John First Missionary Baptist Church
Address: 2044 Brown St. Fort Myers, FL 33916
Admin Building: 2929 Price St.
Fort Myers, FL 33916
Phone: (239) 334. 0591 or (239) 334. 7531
Sunday Worship Services:
Sunday School 9:30am
Prayer Meeting & Bible Study 7:00pm